Our overall aim is to translate findings of our interdisciplinary research into real life solutions for people suffering from sleep disorders and improve quality of life.
CIRUS interdisciplinary clinics use the combined expertise of different professionals to provide patients with best practice individualised treatments.
Interdisciplinary clinic services are currently available at the Woolcock Clinic and include:
- Sleep specialists for the treatment of sleep disorders such as sleep apnea (including snoring), restless legs syndrome, sleepwalking, sleepiness and insomnia
- Insomnia individual care and group sessions run by our expert sleep psychology team to provide patients with tools to better manage their sleep health. Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) and a number of other treatment strategies assist patients in re-learning how to sleep better. With insomnia a growing problem in our modern age, we also cater specifically for young adults and teens
- Respiratory physicians for the treatment of diseases such as asthma, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), emphysema and allergies
- Nose and throat surgeon for the treatment of – nasal obstruction and inflammation, enlarged tonsils, other upper airway problems
- Psychiatry/psychological medicine services to assist patients with sleep disorders secondary to depression, anxiety and other mental health problems
- Endocrinologist and metabolic/ancillary services for the treatment of diabetes, metabolic and obesity issues
- Male-specific (andrology) testosterone deficiency and male infertility
- A CPAP clinic to advise on masks, help resolve problems and learn how to use the treatment correctly
- Dental services for treatment of snoring and sleep apnea with dental devices, as well as sleep-related dental problems including bruxism (tooth grinding)